31 October 2012

Braceless & Mac Russian Red

Yesterday, at 11:50 am, I got my braces removed! After two years it feels amazing to finally be able to feel my teeth again.



To celebrate this momentous occasion I went and bought Mac Russian Red. I've always wanted a red lipstick but I've never had the confidence to wear it with a metal mouth. The last thing I wanted to do was draw attention towards it! So this is my first ever red lipstick. I chose Russian Red because it has a berry tone to it rather than a stark red. It is a matte finish but the creamy texture means it applies like a dream. I haven't worn this out yet but to stop it bleeding and make it last longer I'll be returning to  Mac to get a red lip liner. I'll definitely start wearing brighter lipsticks now!

Do you have a favourite red lipstick?
Thanks for reading x                                                                                                                                                                                                    

17 comments:

  1. I had my braces off in May this year, it's such a good feeling isn't it :)? My favourite red lipstick at the moment is MUA's Shade 8, such a pretty colour! xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I keep touching my teeth haha. Ooh and so cheap x

      Delete
  2. I also got my braces off last may after having them for two and a half years! I love Revlon's Fire and Ice for a red lipstick xo

    http://andthislittlepiggybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colour :) I had my braces off 4 years ago and I can still remember that feeling after they had been removed. I couldn't stop running my tongue over my teeth. This is the first time I've seen your blog, I'm really enjoying it. Keep it up :)

    x

    http://becominghugo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a lovely thing to say thank you!x

      Delete
  4. I bet it was such a relief. I secretly want braces because I know your teeth look amazing after! Very nice shade lipstick :)

    www.mintyessence.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I hated having them on but it was all so worth it x

      Delete
  5. This is a fab colour :) I love reds - i have the perfect chanel one :)

    http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous! Chanel lipsticks look gorgeous x

      Delete
  6. Haha I'm literally so happy for you cause my sis wore braces for years and I remember how happy she was to have them out so YAY! I'm finally starting to dare more with lip colours and Russian Red is definitely on my wish list! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just getting into darker lip colours too. It's great x

      Delete
  7. This looks gorgeous. I would love to try it!! I do have this colour in a million brands though :P
    LaceyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only just started wearing lipsticks too! It gives you such a confidence boost when you're brave enough to go out in them. You go girl! :) x

    http://bigonbeautyandfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wearing lipstick but this is the first read. It does haha x

      Delete
  9. I love the colour,but the fact is that I have only used peachy colours and more neutral ones and I am always afraid of experimenting... :(

    http://theotherside-bg.blogspot.co.uk

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was like that until I got my braces off. Start with a cheap lipstick and give it a go it's fun!x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Be sure to check back soon because I always reply. If you need a quick response tweet me @lifeanlipsticks

Feel free to leave your blog link but please don't ask for a follow back or follow for follow. Only follow my blog if you like it and if I like your blog I will follow it, otherwise its pointless.