20 April 2013

Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer Review

Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer- £7.49

I bought the Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer in Shade 51 a few weeks ago. As much as I love the famous Collection Lasting Perfection I wanted a change and as I was so impressed with the Healthy Mix Serum I decided to give this a go. For almost double the price of the collection concealer I had high expectations.



The coverage is light build able to medium. It covers my beauty spot ( I refuse to say mole!) well in the above picture but it took a lot of concealer. For me this isn't enough coverage because I get a lot of red angry spots. It's definitely more suited to people with good skin or only a slight bit of redness. One of the selling points is "anti-fatigue" but once again there is no way near enough coverage for my under eye luggage. On the plus side I really like the applicator as it is much more hygienic then a doe foot. It does have good lasting power and even built up it doesn't look at all cakey. You can see the colour matches me well but that is with build up tan lotion on, believe it or not! I know a lot of pale beauties can get away with Bourjois's lightest shades but I am ridiculously pale.

I do think this is a good concealer but unfortunately it just isn't right for me. I will be going back to the trusty Collection concealer and I don't think I will ever betray it again!

Have you tried this concealer? What do you think of the Healthy Mix range?
           

15 comments:

  1. wow that collection 2000 must be something else! I love bourjois foundations though :)
    being pale ahhh, but i think pale is so beautiful too, and so much more versatile when i comes to makeup! my face gets so pale in the winter time, but my body stays a few shades darker, its quite annoying! ahahaha xx

    http://misstephaniechen.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do actually like being pale sometimes too. But since I started using tanning lotion it made me wish I had darker skin! That must be a pain in the arse but atleast you have a tanned body x

      Delete
  2. I love this!! I only use it under my eyes though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could get away with it under eyes x

      Delete
  3. I not used this before so good to read your review may try the collection one instead then!

    Carrieanne x

    http://imjustalittlepixie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get spots it's definitely the better option and cheaper which is always good x

      Delete
  4. I've not tried any products from the Healthy Mix range, I've been wanting to try this concealer as I haven't really got on with the Collection one but I might not bother now!
    Thanks for the review :)

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Serum is really good you could try that instead. This concealer might work for you though x

      Delete
  5. Hi, great post love!

    Please check out my blog and perhaps we could follow each other?

    http://terriface01.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the collection 2000 concealer! Its been my go to concealer for years now!

    Shabz
    x
    http://lipglossandlace.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been super curious about this, so I really appreciate the review! I definitely like concealers with a bit heavier coverage and more staying power, so this probably wouldn't be the best for me either. Thanks for the tips!

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah your best sticking to something else. Tnanks for reading!x

      Delete
  8. You made me laugh at the beauty spot comment, I'm exactly the same :D it IS a beauty spot! I love the idea of this, just wish they're lighter xx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! When I was little someone teased me about all my spots and my mum told me they were beauty spots so the more I had the more beautiful I am. And I still say beauty spot now haha x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Be sure to check back soon because I always reply. If you need a quick response tweet me @lifeanlipsticks

Feel free to leave your blog link but please don't ask for a follow back or follow for follow. Only follow my blog if you like it and if I like your blog I will follow it, otherwise its pointless.